Tuesday 21 September 2010

Grandma Dorothy's Spectacular Sloppy Joe's

All growing up I had these Sloppy Joe's for dinner. They are the best I have ever had. I use to wonder why people didn't really like Sloppy Joe's until I tried what most people use, from a can. YUCK! They are awful. First off this recipe is so easy so if you ever make Sloppy Joe's from a can again then shame on you. Haha Second, it will change your view on the Joe. They are actually really yummy. My hubby will forever be a changed man thanks to my Grandma and her yummy Sloppy Joe. I am weird and like to put my potato chips inside of it. My oldest does the same thing.
2 pounds ground beef
1 chopped yellow onion
2 T. flour
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 T. dry mustard
1 T. brown sugar
1 T. vinegar
4 T. ketchup
3 t. Worcestershire sauce
salt and paprika

Brown the hamburger and onion. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. Serve on a bun. Add chips for fun;) Enjoy!

1 comment: