Monday 23 May 2011

Fresh Tortilla Chips

I love chips from Mexican restaurants.  I have found that there are NO chips that compare that you can buy at a grocery store.  Recently I have started making tortilla strips for one of the salads.  It took me a minute to realize I could make chips.  It is really simple.  And we LOVE them.
 
5-10 Corn torillas (I use mission)
1 1/2-2 cups canola oil
salt to taste

Heat the oil in a small fry pan on medium heat.  While that is heating cut tortillas into 8 triangles.  Once the oil is hot place the tortillas in the oil about 8-10 triangles fit in mine.  Be careful it does splatter.  They will boil and come to the top.  Once they start to brown remove from the oil and place on a paper towel.  Immediately shake salt over the top.Repeat until you have desired amount of chips.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment