Wednesday 9 June 2010

Grandma Dorothy's Teriyaki Steak Sandwiches

If you know my family you know we love these sandwiches. These are a must whenever we have company over for a BBQ. My siblings always request this when they are in town. It doesn't look like much but, oh, it is delicious. My mom's side of the family always have these at big get togethers. They remind me of cousins, and having a wonderful time together. There is something so special about playing in the back yard with your family and the smell of the BBQ in the air. Oh, I love it. Seriously though, make these this summer. Try it out and tell me how you like it. My hubby doesn't love the butter on the roll, but I think he is missing out.

Sirloin Tip roast about 5 lbs. cut into thin slices (uncooked) We ask the butcher to cut it as thin as he can without it falling apart.

Marinade:
1/2 cup oil
2 T. Vinegar
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 T. minced onion
1/3 tsp garlic powder

Blend the ingredients. Toss with thinly sliced beef and marinate for 24 hours. Cook on grill for about 1 minute on each side until done. Serve on buttered potato rolls. and you will ENJOY (I promise) Serves about 15-20

1 comment:

  1. It's almost 10pm + I am so freakin' hungry!! I wish I had this right in front of me with your yummy looking smoothie!!

    ReplyDelete