Saturday 26 June 2010

Chocolate Frosting

When I moved out and started making my own cakes I always bought the frosting. I would wonder why mine never tasted quite like my moms. It turns out it is because she didn't cut corners on her frosting. She always made her frosting from scratch. It is so yummy. I will admit that I will never make a cake from scratch to this day cause the box usually taste better and it is cheaper, but the frosting is now homemade just like my moms.

3-4 cups powdered sugar
4-6 T cocoa
1/2 cup butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
4-5 T whipping cream or milk
Mix together in a mixing bowl. The frosting should peak when you pull out the beaters. It should spread easily but not run off. Just add more powdered sugar if to thin and more whipping cream if to thick. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment