Saturday 3 July 2010

Best Burger Ever!

I absolutely love this recipe that I found in Martha Stewart Everyday Foods. I will have to admit I LOVE Martha. Her easy recipe magazine is one of my favorite things ever. It is actually a meatball recipe but who says you always have to follow rules. I thought it might just make a yummy burger and darn it, it is!

I have tested this on very picky eaters,"Men's men", kids, and even women. The consensus is that they all love it.
1 large egg
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 large onion, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs or oatmeal
3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
16 ounces hamburger
1 t. Italian seasoning

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Roll into balls big enough for a patty and flatten to about 1/2 inch thick. Grill to desired amount.

Toppings for us include green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, purple onion, ketchup, mustard, pickles, mayo(not for me). Toast the bun and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That burger looks SO yummy! I never would have thought to use a meat ball recipe! I will show it to my husband... he is the griller in our family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan, I tried your potato salad recipe yesterday and it was great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete