Monday 7 March 2011

Easy peasy Spaghetti Sauce

I have been making this sauce since we first got married. I really do love it. It is simple, SIMPLE! There are fantastic spaghetti recipes out and this is definitely "Americanized", but it is yummy. I just love that it tastes great and is so easy. Everyone in my family likes it. Well except for Boo but she hates dinner. Who hates dinner? Weird child. My other child actually has this for her birthday dinner.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion or 2-3 T minced onion
1 16 ounce can tomato sauce
1 16 ounce can diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
pepper to taste

Brown the ground beef on medium heat add onion and mix together. Once the meat is all brown and the onion softened drain any excess grease. Add the sauce and diced tomatoes. Add all the spices (make sure to crush them in your fingers as you add them. This brings out the flavor) and bring to a boil. Place a lid on top and let simmer 30 minutes on medium low. Stirring occasionally. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks lady! This is very similar to the recipe that I used last week but the one I used called for tomato paste and some beef broth. Have you ever tried making it in the crockpot? You should! Easiest Sunday afternoon ever. Do you have a recipe for sweet and sour chicken? I tried one last night that was ok but your recipes are all much better. Put that on your list! :)

    ReplyDelete