Wednesday 3 August 2011

Strawberry Ice Cream

I have grown up my whole life eating my dads strawberry ice cream. I love that my dad makes it. This alone makes it special. Then you add the flavor on top and it is out of this world. I have so many memories attached to this ice cream. But my favorite memory is that of my dad crouched down checking on it to make sure it is freezing properly.  Kind of like this picture here.  I sure do love my daddy.

He takes such pride in it and it shows. I guess that is why it has taken me all these years to finally make it myself. Simply because I love having my dad make it.
3 cups Sugar
2 cups Fresh Strawberries
1 10 ounce frozen sliced strawberries
1/4 cup strawberry jello powder
1/3 cup hot water
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 can canned milk
2/3 can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 cup whipping cream
Fill with milk to 2" from the top (or the fill line of your ice cream maker)
Mix all the ingredients together in the ice cream maker container.  Put the container in the ice cream maker then add ice.  Add one layer of ice then rock salt and repeat until it is level with the top of the container.  Turn the ice cream maker on and it will turn for about 20-40 minutes.  If it is not freezing you did not add enough rock salt.  Once done chill or serve immediately.  ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment