Wednesday 23 January 2013

Grilled Tilapia with Capers

I truly have neglected this blog for way to long.  I feel bad because my one fan has been waiting since April to get a new recipe.  I have felt the pressure and finally my ducks are in a row, the stars are aligned, my baby is asleep, my other three are at school, and my spunky 4 year old is safely swimming in the bath.  It is perfect time to get a blog post done.  I must hurry though because before long life will be CRAZY again.

 My mom had us over for dinner and made a new recipe. Grilled Tilapia with capers.  It was heavenly.  Her and my Uncle Carl decided to try something new.  Apparently Carl really wanted tilapia with capers so my mom got on her trusty computer and together they came up with a fabulous dinner.  We also had mango and coconut rice.  The two went together so well.  They make me laugh when they work together.  They still act silly even at their age.  They tease each other like brother and sister do.  I am glad Carl was there so that mom would try something so different.  It is one of my new favorite dishes.  

4 Tilapia fillet
3 T Olive Oil
1 lemon finely zested
2 lemons juiced
1/2 C dry white wine
1 shallot thinly sliced
Splash of heavy cream
1 stick of butter cut in cubes
1/4 C Fresh Parsley
1/4 C drained capers
black pepper
salt


Heat grill to high.  Brush fish on both sides with olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown and slightly charred. 

Combine shallots, lemon juice and zest, white wine in a small sauce pan on high heat.  Cook until reduced by half.  Remove from heat and let cool.  Whisk together the cream, butter, and wine mixture in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.  Add the parsley and capers.  Stir.  Serve over the Tilapia.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment