Wednesday 10 November 2010

Easy Cheesy Cheddar Sauce

I love me a good baked potato. I seem to always forget about this as a meal but when we have them I love them. I found this recipe and kind of tweaked it to have a little more kick.  My hubby was not to excited for potato bar but once he ate the sauce he was pretty hooked.  
3 T Butter
5 T flour
1 cup Chicken broth/Chicken bullion cube + water
1 cup milk or half and half
1/4 cup mayonnaise 
3 cups cheddar cheese
1 tsp lemon juice
In a medium sauce pan melt butter stir in flour. When it is well mixed add milk, mayo, and chicken broth a little at a time.  (I use a bullion cube and a cup of water.  I will put the whole cube in and add water as needed.) bring to a low boil. Add cheddar cheese until melted. Keep adding the water for the chicken broth until it is the consistence you desire.  Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Enjoy.

Toppings for Potato Bar:
Broccoli
Green Onion
Tomatoes
Bacon
Cheese sauce

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks delish! I will be putting that on the menu this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! Probably not a good thing that I am looking at this at 11 o'clock at night because it is making me hungry. I will be making this this week. I love all your recipes and I just made one of them (cream cheese chicken)last week for my family when I was in town and they all loved it!

    ReplyDelete