Friday 3 December 2010

Creamy Lasagna

My cousin Calee called me the other day and told me about this yummy recipe she just made. I gave it a shot and it is YUMMY! plus it freezes. I love meals that freeze. We made this for our kids to have while we were out of town. When we got home there was a little left in the fridge and my hubby couldn't get enough. I knew that this needed to become a regular in our home.
Spaghetti Sauce:
1 lb hamburger
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Italian Seasoning (optional)
1 small can mushrooms
Brown hamburger and cook onion together. Then add remaining ingredients. Stir. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 min.

Alfredo Sauce:
3T butter
1/2 pkg. cream cheese
3/4 C Evaporated milk or half & half. (Milk works also)
1 chicken bullion cube
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
garlic salt to taste
pinch of Parsley

Melt butter, cream cheese and milk on low heat. Stir together. Then add bullion. Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic to taste. You can add more milk if it is too thick.

1/2 lbs. Mostaccioli Noodles
Cook in boiling water until Al Dente about 8-10 minutes,

1 lb Mozzarella cheese

Arrange in a 9 x 13 pan 1/2 of everything in this order: spaghetti sauce, noodles, Alfredo Sauce, mozzarella cheese, repeat. Cook for 45 minutes covered and 15 uncovered. Bake at 350. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Just had this last night and we loved it! Thanks for all the yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last week, and it was truly delish! I didn't have the ingredients for the "alfredo sauce" so I used a jarred Classico Alfredo sauce I had on hand instead. I don't like the jarred sauce by itself, but mixed in with other sauces/dishes it's good!

    ReplyDelete