Tuesday 14 December 2010

Macaroni and Cheese

I have made Kraft mac and cheese my entire life. I still do at times, although two of my four kids don't like it. This is still a great stand by, but if you want to serve your family a dinner that you spent time preparing just for them with a hint of thyme to make it more enticing this is a great one. I love the way that the flavors of this just explode in your mouth. It is becoming a dinner that I think about making just because it tastes so yummy.
1/2 tsp. Thyme
5 slices white bread (blended)
3 T butter
1 lb mac noodles (Large elbow)
2 cups chicken broth (4 bullion cubes 2 cups water)
5 T flour
2 cups milk
2 1/4 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
Fry bread crumbs and 2 T butter. Set aside. Cook pasta to Al Dente. Melt 1T butter, thyme, and salt. Whisk flour and milt together. add to pan. Then add Chicken broth. Bring to a boil. While stirring add the cheeses. Reduce to a simmer. Cook for 8 minutes. Put the noodles in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Poor sauce over the top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cook for 30 min at 350. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment