Wednesday 19 January 2011

Spanish Rice

I don't have any cute stories to use with this recipe. My hubby walked into the kitchen and said "I want Spanish Rice with our Fajitas". His wish was my command. It turned out really good, but really SPICY. I will put optional on what made it spicy. It was yummy, but it was HOT!
1 cup long grain white rice
1 T vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cube chicken bouillon
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, halved
1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
1/2 tsp Cheyenne pepper (optional)

In a medium sauce pan, cook rice in oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeno, and diced tomato. Season with bouillon cube, salt and pepper, cumin, cilantro, chili powder, Cheyenne pepper, and garlic. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Megan! How did I find this? FB? But I read through quite a few pages, and I love your recipes... you think like me. I've been wanting to start recording my own recipes soon, and if I ever make one of yours, I'll link where I got it. Yum.my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I have wanted to find a Spanish rice recipe. I usually just do boring rice a roni. So thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete