Saturday 19 February 2011

Spaghetti Pie

One of my most favorite dinners of all time is spaghetti.  When our family was just starting out we would make spaghetti and have so much left over.  I was so glad I had this back up option for the leftovers.  Now that our family has grown, we make it as the main meal because we no longer have left over spaghetti.  I have made this for a ton of people and they always say they LOVE it.  It is one of those dinner that seems impressive but is simple to make.  Get ready to please your taste buds with this one.
 I usually make this in a pie dish but now that I make a double recipe I use a 9X13
6 ounces cooked spaghetti
4 T butter
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
4 eggs
1 medium sized back Mozzarella cheese

Cook spaghetti according to package directions.  While this is cooking in a mixing bowl add butter, Parmesan cheese, and eggs.  Mix.  Grease a pie pan and add a layer of half the cooked spaghetti, then half the Parmesan cheese mixture, then half of the Mozzarella cheese. Repeat.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.  Serves 6  If you make this in a 9X13 double the recipe.  Top with your favorite spaghetti sauce.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment