Tuesday 8 February 2011

Grandma's Sugar Cookies

This is an old post but I just had to share again this close to Valentines. There is nothing better than sugar cookies on Valentines to tell the ones you love that you love them. About 4 years ago we got a cute arrangement of cookies from one of our friends. I had to re-create it because it is pretty fantastic. I loved making this.  It didn't turn out as cute as hers but it will have to do.  It tastes FABULOUS though:)
These cookies bring back so many fond memories from my childhood. I remember my mom making them on Valentines and secretly placing them on my pillow. I remember on Christmas my cousins and me all gathered around the kitchen table taking a peek at the green and red cookies that temped us all so. The taste is like no other cookie I have ever had. They tickle my palate. Yummy does not do them justice.
Sugar cookies and Frosting.

1 lb butter
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 t. lemon extract
6 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt

Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and beat. Add flour and other dry ingredients. Chill and thinly roll out on a sugared surface or put on wax paper and roll to 1/4 inch. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment