Thursday 3 December 2009

Sugared Surface


When I make things like sugar cookie I like to flour the surface before I roll out the dough. My Nana would also sugar the surface. I just do a mixture of half sugar, half flour. I think it makes the cookies taste just a little sweeter and not so floury from the surface flour:)

Also when I am making Banana bread or Zucchini bread I will sugar the pan. Grease the surfaces and then shake sugar in the pan. It helps the bread slip out easier and makes the sides and bottom more moist. Also it taste just a little sweeter:)

1 comment:

  1. Megan, I'm so excited to try your recipes. I started CafeMadsen.blogspot, and I referenced your sugaring the pan and linked it to this page - If you'd rather I take it off just let me know: FHErules@gmail.com. Hope everything's going great for you!

    ReplyDelete