Thursday 3 December 2009

California Casserole

If you know me you know that I love Mexican food. I could eat it for every meal. The spicier the better. This meal was introduced by my good friend Misty. I told her that I don't have a lot of casserole dishes, so knowing how I love Mexican she knew she had the one for me. My favorite thing about this is it helps me to not waste. You use crushed tortilla chips. Now all those chips at the bottom of the bag now have a useful place.

1 lb. hamburger
1 sm. onion
2 cloves garlic
16 oz. tomato sauce
1 can olives (optional)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 t. cumin

1 c. sour cream
1 c. cottage cheese
1 sm. can green chilies

10 oz. tortilla chips
1 lb. Colby jack cheese
Brown hamburger, onion, and garlic. Drain. Add tomato sauce, olives, salt, and cumin.

In a bowl, combine sour cream, cottage cheese, and green chilies.

Crunch chips and grate cheese

In a greased 9x13 baking dish, layer 1/2 of the chips, meat sauce, sour cream mixture, and cheese. Repeat in same order. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 min. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment