Wednesday 16 December 2009

Peanut Butter Fingers

My friend Nichole is the one who first introduced me to this recipe. We were at scrapbook night and it as her turn to host. She had made a pan of these yummy treats. When it was time to leave she still had a lot left over. She hurried and dished me up some to take home. She said "If you leave these at my house we will eat the whole pan." I was very happy to take them home. She had sent enough for us all to have one, and Jeron and I got two. Well, lets just say that the kids never knew what they had missed out on. Jeron and I polished off the plate. These things are so yummy that you just keep going back for more. They are trouble. I try to make these only when I know that the will get finished off. Otherwise, I know I will have a really bad stomach ache. Self Control?

3/4 c butter
1 c brown sugar
1 c sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c peanut butter
2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c oatmeal

Cream together butter, and sugars. Add eggs whip in until fluffy. Add vanilla and peanut butter. Mix in all dry ingredients. Spread in a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 min. After cooled spread with a thin layer of 1 cup whipped peanut butter. Frost with Chocolate frosting.

Put the cup of peanut butter in a bowl and using your electric hand mixer whip it until it is soft and creamy. I was really surprised but it really does get soft.

Frosting:
4 T cocoa
4 T softened butter
3-4 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 c powder sugar

When they are frosted cut into rectangles about 1 1/2"x4". Store in an air tight container. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. PEANUT BUTTER BARS!!!! Oh how I did love those when I was in school (even in high school I would get school lunch if they had peanut butter bars :) What a geek, I know)! I can't wait to make these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Brittany... These were my favorite in school lunch! I can't wait to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete