Sunday 13 December 2009

Danish Meatballs

My good friend Misty shared this recipe with me. The first time that I made it I really wondered if anyone in my family would like it. Mainly because of the dry dill weed. Turns out I was wrong. Jeron and JJ think it taste like a much better version of Beef Stroganoff.

1 Lb. hamburger
1/2 Lb. lean ground pork
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 egg slightly beaten
1 T grated onion
1/4 C half and half or milk
1/2 C soft bread crumbs
1/8 tsp All Spice

Combine ingredents and form into balls. Arrange on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes or until browned.

1/4 c butter
1/4 c flour
2 c chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp dry dill weed
1 c sour cream

In a sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Stir in broth, salt, and dill weed. Cook and stir over med heat until thick. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Drain meatballs. Pour over meatballs. Serve on cooked rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment