Sunday 13 December 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon rolls have always been one of my favorite treats. I have never liked store bought ones and it isn't very often that people make these for me. I realized that I needed to learn how to make these scrumptious delicious treats or I just might not get them. They are the perfect Christmas Eve treat for our family. The kids love them but no one loves them as much as my husband. In fact when ever I make rolls he holds his breath to find out if cinnamon rolls were also made. Knowing that he loves them so much I usually do make them for him.

See Dinner Rolls and follow that recipe until you rise the rolls once. Once you have risen the dough one time, pull the dough apart into 2 equal parts. Roll one half out into a large rectangle about 14X10.
Top the dough in this order;

1/4 C melted butter
using only enough of the following ingredients to cover with a thin layer:
Cinnamon
sugar and cinnamon mix
brown sugar
Note: If you use to much the bottom will be really sticky, and chewy.

Roll up the dough from the 14" side in. This will help them be fatter. Once you have rolled it up get a long piece of dental floss and use it to cut the dough. Slide it under the dough and pull it around and it will cut the dough. It is so slick and easy. When you use a knife it can pull and stick. Cut the cinnamon rolls about with a 1"-1 1/2" thick. Place them on a greased cookie sheet. I do 3 across and 4 down on the cookie sheet. Rise for about 45min to 1 1/2 hour until they have almost doubled in size. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Glaze.

Frost them with the frosting recipe.

I like mine to be dripping in frosting. Others might just like a thin layer. I like frost them when the cinnamon roll is still hot. This way it oozes through the layers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment