Thursday 3 December 2009

Alfredo Sauce

I am a huge fan of Alfredo sauce. I could eat it on anything. I am also very picky. There is hardly an Alfredo that I actually enjoy. The only place that I really like is Olive Garden. Yes, if you are wondering I have eaten Alfredo at higher end restaurants. Olive Garden just happens to have the best taste to me. I have made many a sauce and finally found one that I LOVE!

3T butter
1/2 pkg. cream cheese
3/4 C Evaporated milk or half & half. (Milk works also)
1 chicken bullion cube
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
garlic salt to taste
pinch of Parsley

Melt butter, cream cheese and milk on low heat. Stir together. Then add bullion. Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic to taste. You can add more milk if it is too thick. Pour over pasta of your choice. Parsley sprinkled over the top once you pour on the noodles.

This will cover about 4 cups of noodles. You can use it over Fettuccine, ravioli, or any other noodle you enjoy. The kids love this one. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaah! I have ALWAYS wanted to know how to make alfredo sauce. Megan, I feel like I just stumbled into a little bit of heaven with this blog, seriously. I assure you we will be trying this (and almost everything you have on this blog!)

    ReplyDelete