Wednesday 2 December 2009

Frosting

It took me a while to get the frosting just the way that I like it. A cookie is not a cookie with the yummy frosting that goes on them. I do not like to buy frosting with the exception of my delicious rainbow chip frosting. I have added and taken things out over the years to where now I feel it is just perfect.

1/2 c soft butter
1 t. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
4 T. whipping cream or whole milk
pinch of salt

Stir the ingredients with a fork until most of the powdered sugar is mixed in. Then use an electric hand mixer until it is smooth and forms peeks. If it is to runny add a little powdered sugar. If it is to stiff add a little more whipping cream.

To change this up a bit

add:

1/2 tsp. lemon extract
or
1/2 tsp. almond extract
or
3-4 T cocoa powder

You can use this frosting on sugar cookies, cakes, cinnamon rolls and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment