Sunday 28 March 2010

Meatloaf

Growing up I can't recall a time that my mom made meatloaf. I am sure she did but she wasn't so into heart stopping food. Me on the other hand has a husband who only likes heart stopping food so I have learned to adapt to his ways. I will have to say some comfort food is so yummy. We started out just making a recipe off of the oatmeal box until my cousin introduced me to her fabulous recipe. Calee came up with an ingenious idea to put it in muffin tins for individual size one. Plus easier cooking and freezing. She is one smart cookie.

3/4 c oats
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 c tomato juice or 1/2 c catchup
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3T Worcestershire sauce
1 c cheddar cheese

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together. I find using my hands is the easiest, most fun way. Then firmly press into a 8 in x 4 in loaf pan or 12 muffin tins. Cook for 1 hour at 350 for the loaf pan and 30-40 minutes with the muffin tins. Drain the grease before serving. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes and Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Well Megan, All I can say is that you must not have been to dinner very often! We had meat loaf at least 4 times a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's me! I love it! Thanks for the shout out and I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE meatloaf! I didn't though as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete