Thursday 11 March 2010

Spaghetti Pie

Every time I go to do a post about the new recipe I am making I try to think of a charming,cute, inspirational, or fun story to tell about the meal. With this one I just couldn't think of anything. That was until I realized the feeling that goes behind it is always fun as well. This is one of my most favorite meals. It is one of those left over spaghetti dinner meals remade into dinner bliss. It entices the palate. This dinner is delicious therefore, it never lets your mind think it is leftovers.

It is funny cause anytime I tell someone that has never had Spaghetti Pie that we are having it for dinner, they crinkle up their nose and get a look of disgust. That same person then takes a bite of this very strange meal and immediately the crinkled nose changes to a face of delight. With the mixture of noodles, two cheeses, and spaghetti sauce what is there not to love.
This picture is not good. I took it on a frantic night so know that it is much better than it looks.

6 oz. cooked spaghetti
4 T butter or margarine (soft)
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
4 eggs
1 medium pack Mozzarella Cheese

Cook spaghetti, drain and rinse with cold water. Stir in butter, parmesan cheese, eggs, and spaghetti. In a 9 inch round greased pie pan layer spagetti mix then a layer of mozzarella cheese. Do this about 3 times. Cook at 350 for 30 min. Serve with spaghetti sauce over it. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I think this sounds really yummy! Spaghetti is probably one of my favorite meals. And I also love it leftover. It is just about the only leftovers I will actually eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name reminds me of the movie Elf, but I have made this a couple of times (since I know you I had the recipe) and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I am so going to come here for dinner help!!! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm we might have to try this soon! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete