Wednesday 7 April 2010

14 Carrot Cake

So the first time I made this cake a friend and me were making it for my neighbor for her birthday. We messed up and didn't drain the pineapple. We renamed our cake to be upside down carrot cake. It was SO yummy but looked horrible. Not the prettiest cake but definitely the best taste. My mom made this cake for Easter. The picture is actually from her cake. It was very tasty. This is one of her recipes from her awesome cook book. Her cookbook gets used more than any other cookbook I have. It is full of all the yummy things I grew up with.


Sift in a small bowl:
2 cups flour
2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 t cinnamon

In a mixing bowl add:
8 1/2 can crushed pineapple (DRAINED)
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Mix the ingredients well and then add the sifted ingredients. Mix well. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment