Wednesday 24 February 2010

Smitty's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie

My mom made a cookbook a few years back that she gave us all for Christmas. It really is one of my favorite cookbooks of all time. I dare say it is my favorite. There is a standing joke in my family about the title of this cookie. I made these cookies all the time. I introduced my family to this recipe. Which in my world means the recipe gets your name in it. My brother Smitty made these cookies a couple of times. I do have to say that he rocks this cookie. The funny part to me though it that when my mom put it in her amazing cookbook she named them "Smitty's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies." I was a little irritated in a playful way of course. As I looked through the whole cookbook I realized my name did not get to grace a single title. Best part though, one of my good friends got her name in the cookbook. WHATEVER! You know I love you, Mom. I just think this is now a funny story. It is certainly one that I had to put on this blog.

Back to the cookie. These cookies are YUMMY! I love to give these to my neighbors because I know everyone will love them. So try these out because they are scrumdiddleumptious.

Cream together:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar

Add:
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together:
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal (Measure and then put small amounts in a blender and blend until it is powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Mix the dry ingredients with the creamed mixture and add:
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped up sympathy candy-bar (optional)

Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet. Make golf ball size cookies. Place 2 inches apart and bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Makes about 50 cookies. Recipe is very easy to double.
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment