Thursday 11 February 2010

Chicken Mushroom Rockwell

Okay, so this is simply a new recipe for me. There is no cute story to go with it. Okay, maybe there is a story, maybe not a cute one, but a story non the less. Last night, I was reading my comments on this blog. I have never had comments on this blog before so I was rather excited. I found out that not only did I have one but I had four comments.

I started this blog for two reasons. One was that my sister and sister in law live away. We like to exchange recipes, and I thought rather then send it in an email why not have it down forever. The second reason I did this is because I really thought that I could do something I really enjoy (taking pictures and cooking) and start a hobby. So when I saw that other people were actually using it I was blown away. I have been in a cooking rut so thanks to those four comments, my desire to cook is in full swing. Thanks for showing me the love!!

Puff Pastry crust (Pepperidge Farm)
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 T butter
4 T minced green onions
2 Cups finely chopped mushrooms
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 T chopped parsley
Salt and Pepper
8 slices of mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. salt

Flatten chicken breasts with a meat mallet until 1/4 inch thick. Cook chicken on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Don't cook your chicken too much. You want it to be able to fold.

Prepare filling by melting butter in a heavy frying pan. Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic, and saute until onions are tender. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Place a heaping tablespoon of the mushroom mixture on each chicken breast, and mozzarella cheese slice. Roll up, and tuck in ends. Roll out pastry sheet cut into fourths. Place each breast on one of the pastry squares, and fold over the chicken. Beat the egg and salt together. Brush the top of the pastry with the egg mixture. Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes 8 servings. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. ...my posts from yesterday aren't showing up
    :( ..... This looks yummy, we will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this for dinner! It was delicious! Thanks Megan!

    ReplyDelete