Monday 25 January 2010

Chicken and Broccoli Cassrole

This is by far Jeron's favorite dinner. FAVORITE! He loves this, and when I make it I know he feels special. This is something I ventured at the first of our marriage. I use to think it was overwhelming to make. Now that I have tweaked it just a little it doesn't seem so painstakingly hard. It is a nice dinner to make when you have guests over also. It looks really pretty and you get your main dish and veggie all in one.

4 Chicken Breast Halves
2 heads of broccoli or 6 lbs of Frozen Broccoli
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 c. Milk
1/2 c. mayonnaise
3 T butter
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 c Parmesan cheese

Step one: Cook the chicken. You can boil it or I prefer to broil it in a fry pan. I brown it on both sides and cook it all the way through.

Step two: steam your broccoli. Cook until just tender

Step three: Make your sauce. In a medium sauce pan combine milk, mayonnaise, and butter. On medium heat bring to a soft boil stirring constantly. Once it is boiling add the cheddar cheese. If the sauce is to thick you can add milk. Once the cheese has melted remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.

Step four: In a greased 9X13 pan arrange broccoli with flowerette to the outside all around the outside of the pan. Place cooked chicken in the center of the pan. pour cheese sauce over the top. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Cover with tin foil and cook at 350 for 1 hour. Remove foil after 1/2 hour. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made this the other night. Everyone loved it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am blog stalking you. I've looked at all the blogs of yours that I can. I absolutly love food blogs. I love to cook and try new recipes. This Chicken and Broccoli looks yummy! Ill be trying it soon. Your kids are so dang cute! Hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete