Sunday 10 January 2010

Crepes

I have forever loved crepes. My aunt LeeAnn and uncle Garner would make these for us sometimes. I have always loved them but have never made them. When we went to Seattle for my brother Smitty's wedding his cute soon-to-be-bride and her little sister came over in the morning to where we were staying and made us breakfast. My kids fell in love with what they called "Creeps" and I knew I needed to make these. I watched Hannah and Ashlee make them and thought I could do it. LeeAnn and Garner have a fancy crepe maker so I never thought you could just make them in a pan. I will say though that I still can't flip it like Hannah can. Now that was impressive. My kids still call them Creeps, and we now make this all the time. Thanks Ash for this delightful recipe.

1 cup milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3 T. oil

Mix 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg, flour, and baking soda until there are no lumps. Then add remaining milk and eggs. Mix. Stir in oil. Cook in hot fry pan onstove at med to med low. Flip when it starts to bubble. Cook on the other side for about 30 seconds. We top ours with Nutella, Whipped Cream, Strawberries, Raspberries, Bananas, Blueberries, Powdered Sugar, Chocolate Syrup (for the kids), Cream Cheese or anything your little heart desires.

These also are great for sandwiches, or dessert. We have put ham, cheese lettuce tomatoes, onion, the works in these and it is heaven. I have also had them with Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, bananas and all sorts of other toppings and again it is fantastic. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these amazing recipes! I am going to use two of them tonight for dinner. I also have to agree that pictures make a huge difference! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm. We LOVE crepes around here. And my mom is awesome and gave me a fancy crepe maker for Christmas one year...lucky me! I haven't tried the sandwich crepes, so I may have to give that a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait until you have tried Nate's crepes!!! He has a REAL pan from France. We will have to get together soon - I am craving them now.

    ReplyDelete