Friday 15 January 2010

Cream Cheese Chicken

I have decided I might just want to start calling this Misty's food blog. She now has three recipes in here and I am pretty sure the number is just going to keep growing. I was thinking of something she made for me on my birthday last year, just this morning. I am going to have to call her for that one as well.

This recipe is one of my all time favorites. I take this in to sick neighbors and have only had rave reviews about it. My kids and husband love it. Plus, you can freeze it. That is one of my most favorite things. A meal you can freeze. This makes a double batch so unless you are a family of twelve this well feed you twice with the work of only one meal. Is there anything better than that. Really, I am a dork but this makes me truly HAPPY.

1 envelope of Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8 ounce cream cheese

Turn crock pot on high. Place butter in bottom of crock pot. When the butter has melted, add one envelope Italian Dressing Dry Mix. Stir into butter until well mixed. Cut chicken breasts into 1" strips. Place in crock pot and stir to coat with butter mixture. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Remove chicken to plate to cool. Add 1 can cream of chicken soup, and cream cheese. Stir to melt and mix well until smooth and creamy. Serve half of this recipe. Serve over Rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles. We prefer rice.

With the other half remove sauce from crock pot and allow to cool. Place chicken and sauce into a gallon resealable freezer bag. Label. Freeze. Date it.

Thaw. Heat until piping hot and bubbly. Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or hot buttered noodles.

1 comment:

  1. K, so I have an aunt who loves this food blog of yours and after my food storage post, she told me I should try at least one new meal each week and look here for some ideas. I just might have to start with this one!

    Man, I wish I enjoyed cooking... Maybe your blog can help me change my mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete