Sunday 10 January 2010

Creamy White Chili

This recipe I have had for a long time. My good friend Misty gave it to me years ago. For some reason I have never made this until now. Oh, ya that reason is my picky picky husband who thinks soup is not a meal. I use to follow this rule to the letter. Not anymore. Funny thing is, the more soup I make the more my hubby likes it. All the kids loved it and even Jeron admitted to liking it.

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 medium onion
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 T. oil
2 cans (15 1/2 0z) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 pkg. cream cheese
14 1/2 ounces water
2 chicken bullion cubes

In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 min. Remove from the heat; stir in cream cheese. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment