Sunday 10 January 2010

Pancakes

I have always loved my Nana's pancakes. They remind me of Sunday night, Saturday mornings, and fun family times. My mom would make these pancakes for us when we were young and I always loved the mornings and nights that she made them. Once I got married I no longer made these because my husband likes Bisquick pancakes. The simplicity of Bisquick soon caught on and I forgot all about Nana's pancakes. I decided I am going to go back to my roots and make what I like for a change. It was a hit with the kids. My hubby on the other hand is still a Bisquick fan. I will have to say I love these pancakes, and I don't feel like a tub of lard when I eat them.

1 egg
1/2 T oil
1 T sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup flour

Mix together egg, oil, sugar and milk. Add the dry ingredients. With a hand mixer mix until the batter has no lumps and kind of whip the eggs a little. This will make thicker pancakes. Cook on a griddle at 300 degrees until the top starts to bubble. Flip and cook the opposite side for about 1-2 minutes. Top with, strawberries, syrup, whipped cream, raspberries, jam, powdered sugar, or anything your little heart desires. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment