Friday 15 January 2010

Nana's Lasagna

Okay, so really I think this one should be titled Mom's Lasagna because it is what I had growing up and my mom is the one that always made it for me. I love this Lasagna. It is not to complicated and it tastes great. It is a nice meal to take to someone as well. I like dinners that you can make for someone and leave it in their fridge all day. It gives me options.

Meat Sauce:

1 lb ground beef
1 large onion chopped
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 tsp. basil
2 cups tomatoes, diced
1 can tomato paste. (6 ounces)
1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Brwon the meat and onion. Remove fat. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes-1hour.

Cheese filling:

2 cartons cottage cheese
2 beaten eggs
1 T. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lb Mozzarella Cheese sliced or shredded

Cook Noodles (1/2 package) according to package directions. Meanwhile combine cheese filling except Mozzarella cheese. Grease 9 x13 baking dish and spread half of the noodles on the bottom, then half the cheese mixture. Pour on 1/2 of the meat sauce. Sprinkle with half the Mozzarella cheese. Repeat. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment