Saturday 16 January 2010

German Pancakes

I can vividly remember my Aunt Marilee coming out of the kitchen caring a hot pan of German pancakes, to serve all eight of us kids, for dinner one night. I can smell the aroma coming from the kitchen. It is the smell of cookies or treats. What kid doesn't want to eat something that smells of cookies. I think this had to be the best treat/dinner for me. I love German Pancakes. You can imagine how excited I was to know that is what we were having for DINNER! I recall us all banging our forks on the table like crazy kids. It was all in fun though. I love times with my cousins especially when it meant breakfast for dinner, and especially when it meant time with "my"cousin.

1/4 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
4-6 eggs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the butter in a 9x13 pan and place in the oven to melt while the oven is preheating. While the butter is melting mix all of the ingredients together until well mixed. I use a hand mixer, my mom uses a blender. Either works well. Once the mix is mixed together, get the pan out of the oven with a hot pad and roll the melted butter all over the inside of the pan. Then pour in the mixture. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Place a toothpick in the middle and it should come out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar right away.

Top with your favorite toppings such as Strawberries, raspberries, lemon juice, syrup, whatever you think might be good. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. OK- I went to go make this and you forgot to put HOW to make it on here. LOL

    I looked up how to combine them and bake it... I will let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete