Thursday 6 May 2010

Bacon Tomato Pasta

I was in a dinner rut a few years back and really needed a new recipe. My sweet and wonderful friend Alma came to the rescue like she always does. She had found this recipe in a cooking magazine and loved it.

I made it for dinner that night and I was immediately in love. This recipe has just the right ingredients to make my palate happy. I love Italian as well. Give me a little oregano and I am one happy lady. Jeron made the comment when he ate it that it tastes like something you could get at a restaurant.

8 ounces uncooked linguine (the recipe calls for Linguine not bow tie. Both work.)
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 c chopped onion
1 pkg cooked bacon
1 1/3 cups tomato grapes halved
4 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta, drain, and reserve 1/2 c pasta water. In a large non stick skillet over medium high heat add onion and saute 2 minutes. Add bacon and saute 2 minutes. Add tomato, garlic, and oregano saute 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add pasta and reserve water, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Cook 1 minute on medium heat or until thoroughly heated and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Makes 6 servings. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment