Saturday 29 May 2010

Simple Barbecue Sauce

This sauce goes perfect with the Best BBQ Chicken recipe that I have. The molasses was the only thing that I didn't have on hand. My hubby found that on the syrup aisle. The Cider Vinegar is on the Vinegar aisle. It was all at my local grocery store. I think this sauce is good. I wouldn't write home about it. It is better than any store bought one I have tried but if you have a favorite this might not compare. Again this is a Martha recipe from her Everyday Food Recipe Book #54
Stupid me forgot to take a picture of the BBQ sauce before I threw it out.

3 cups Ketchup
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 cup water
1 T paprika
1 T onion powder
1 T Mustard powder
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced by a third, about 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before using. (To store, refrigerate up to 2 weeks.) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment