Friday 21 May 2010

Moms Potato Salad

By far my mom has always had my favorite potato salad. Every time I try store bought I wish I hadn't. None of the salads I have had compare. It is so simple and yet it is my favorite. Let's face it mom always knows what is best:)

This is the perfect side dish to any BBQ. It is really easy to make. The only thing that I struggle with is remembering to make ahead of time. If you have this issue like I do, then just put the potatoes and eggs in the freezer while your meat cooks. It turned out great. Then I just added the rest of the ingredients (already prepped and in the fridge) right before the meat was served.

6-8 potatoes ( I use red potatoes just change it to 8-10 potatoes)
3/4-1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp dill pickle juice to taste
4 green onions chopped
3-4 hard boiled eggs, diced
1 cucumber chopped
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Boil potatoes until barely done in salted water, still firm (about 20 minutes depending on size of potatoes, red potatoes take about 15 minutes) Boil eggs for 15 minutes. Dice both. Mix with the remainder of ingredients. Chill several hours before serving. Enjoy:)

Variations: Add parsley, dill, basil, i package Good Season's Italian dressing, Lawry's Seasoned salt, sour cream, bacon, chopped celery, or dill pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment