Monday 3 May 2010

Layered Cookie Bars

I haven't made these a lot but I do love them. I got this recipe 5 years ago off of the internet. The first time I made these was for my daughters baby blessing. We had a ton of people coming so I basically made every treat I could find. This one was actually one of my favorites. Plus it is so EASY! Who doesn't like easy? I have tweaked it just a titch. It calls for Vanilla Wafers, which I never have on hand so I did graham crackers, and there isn't any butterscotch chips in the original. Other than that it is the same. I really HATE nuts in treats but I like them in this. If you are like me you can omit them if you want.


3/4 cup butter
1 3/4 cups graham crackers
6 T Cocoa
1/4 cup sugar
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips chunks
1 cup butterscotch chips
3/4 cup HEATH or Score bar
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Heat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in 13x9x2-inch baking pan in oven. Combine crumbs, cocoa and sugar; sprinkle over butter.

Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly on top of crumb mixture. Top with chocolate chips and toffee bits, then nuts; press down firmly.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Chill, if desired. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature. About 18-24 bars. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These look Yummmmm Megan. I love this blog. I have bookmarked several that I want to try.
    So fun. KEEP POSTING!
    Ann (Brown) Gardner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously... you're killing me! These look delish!

    <3

    Risa

    ReplyDelete