Wednesday 19 May 2010

Tomato, Corn, and Avocado Salad

This is another new salad. I loved this. It is very refreshing and healthy. My kids that don't like tomatoes were not fans at all. My kids that do like tomatoes gobbled it up. My hubby has mixed feelings about veggie's so he wasn't sure. Again in is a Martha Stewart recipe. I heart her...conviction and all:)

I definitely would serve this at a ladies luncheon but not a kids party. I loved the way that the corn popped in my mouth, and the delicious tastes all blend together so nicely. I think it is a perfect summer time salad. Mmmmmm
2 ears of corn (husk and silk removed)
2 pints cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes, halved, or quartered if large
1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 T fresh lime juice
1 T olive oil
salt
Pepper

Stand ear in a large wide bowl; with a sharp knife, carefully slice downward to release the kernels. Discard the cob. Add tomatoes, avocado, green onions, lime juice, and oil to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine. Enjoy!

1 comment: