Wednesday 12 May 2010

Baja Chicken Kabob

Is there anything better than meat off the BBQ? Every time that I make kabobs I think of my mom with all of her different bowls of veggies, fruit, and meat that she is adding to the kabob. I do it just like her. It is funny when you think of the things that you do just like your parents.

Recently, I tried to make my own marinade. I think it turned out pretty good. I buy a marinade packet and read the ingredients on the back. I basically keep everything the same except I leave out the Silicon Dioxide and things like that. I mean really who needs Silicon Dioxide. :) I have done it with my fajitas and now with my kabobs. These taste pretty scrumdiddlyumpious so try them out.

1/2 tsp Paprika
1/4 cup minced or even blended red pepper
1 tsp grated orange peel
1 clove garlic minced
2 T Lemon juice
2 T Lime juice
1 T honey
1/4 cup canola oil
2 T water
2 T vinegar
2 lbs chicken cut for kabobs

Mix all the ingredients before you add the chicken. Add chicken coating all sides. Place in refrigerator for and hour or longer if you can.
Put kabob sticks in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
Arrange fruit, veggies, and meat on sticks. I like to use at least 3-4 pieces of meat per skewer.
I use:
Red Pepper
Green Pepper
Purple Onion
Mushrooms
Pineapple
Marinaded Chicken
Grill on a medium to medium low heat. If you grill smaller pieces of chicken it works out better. Sometimes if they are a little thick it might be better to grill them prior to the veggies, and fruit. Serve these delicious kabobs over rice. ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! Those look so GOOD! I am going to try those next week :)

    ReplyDelete